- In 2020, the number of people aged 60 years and older outnumbered children younger than 5 years.
- The 60+ population will generate over half of all urban consumption growth in developed countries between 2015 and 2030.
- By 2030, 1 in 6 people in the world will be aged 60 years or over (1.4 billion).
- 52% of Americans who reach age 65 will someday need a high level of help with everyday activities such as bathing, dressing, and eating
- By 2050, the world’s population of people aged 60 years and older will double (2.1 billion).